Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 3


So I must say that day 3 was pretty great.  The day began with physical therapy, which was exhausting but productive.  The second session was pretty similar to the first one, working mostly with passive range of motion and a few minutes on the bike at the end.  The best part of my day came shortly after when my wonderful boyfriend made a surprise visit with flowers and Goobers in hand.  Easy to say, he made my day and put a big smile on my face.  It was really great to have him on the couch with me to keep me company even during naptime.  He really is the best. 

One piece of advice that I have been meaning to share has to do with the TED socks that are required after surgery to help prevent blood clots.  Some of you may have seen these socks on an older patient residing in a nursing home and you may know how annoying and difficult they can be to put on and take off.  However, something as simple as a plastic bag makes a world of difference.  Before trying to put on the sock, place a small plastic bag on the foot.  This should help the sock to slide on easier, and when the sock is pulled up all the way, remove the plastic bad from the hole near the toe of the sock.  Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment