Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 5


Its day five and I’m still moving along!  Today I indulged in coffee and popcorn.  Any idea what those two things help to relieve?  They fall into the same category as foods with fiber and whole grains and a popular one, prune juice!  Did that give it away?  Well if you know what I am talking about, great, you figured it out!  If you still aren’t sure, well that’s probably for the best.  Never the less, there is no avoiding it when you are taking narcotic pain medications after surgery.  I am not particularly a big fan of prune juice so I decided to go with two things that I do enjoy, but there are many foods that serve the same purpose.  It also helped that I was feeing well enough to stay off my pain meds for the day since I didn’t have physical therapy to work through.  I have also been taking a medication since the day of my surgery to help with this specific situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment