Thursday, May 23, 2013

Two week follow!

Today I went to my two week follow up appointment with Dr. Petre.  It really was the best doctors appointment I have ever been to.  The first thing the nurse did was take out my two stitches and place steri strips on my two incisions. Next, I was taken to get two xrays taken, which the doctor said looked great.  Dr. Petre also went through the pictures and the video he took from my surgery, which I will try to put up on this blog!  He said that I had great movement and was progressing very well, however I should not attempt to progress faster than I have been in physical therapy.  The first 6 weeks of physical therapy are critical in making sure that scar tissue forms in the correct way and doesn't form in a way that would require further surgery.  Dr. Petre did lift a few restrictions.  I no longer have to wear my hip brace or the TED stockings, I can now sit at 90 degrees, and I can go in the pool as long as I keep my incisions dry with waterproof bandages.  All in all a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment